2012 2013 Railway Budget Trivedi New Trains Rail Links Fare List
This balanced Railway Budget is from 1st time Rail Minister Dinesh Trivedi has concentrated mainly on safety & environment and here are few
Numbers Needed To Train Upgradation 2012
- 75 new express and 21 new passenger trains will be ready to pass through Amritsar, Patna & Nanded routes in Guru Parikrama special trains By 2013,
- 3 disaster management training venues at Bangalore, Kharagpur & Lucknow
- 4 fresh factories of Railway Coach in the state of Kerala
- 2500 trains to have green toilets in the succeeding year.
- 2100 specially designed coaches to carry disabled persons
- 1500 fresh coaches on local lines
- 12 car trains to operate for Navi Mumbai
- 114 new line surveys in 2012-2013 for tribal and underdeveloped areas.
- 100 new stations in five years through PPP serving 50,000 people at tribal stations.
- 5 areas like signaling and communications, track, bridges, station, and freight terminals will be focused in detail in specific to ‘train-approaching warning systems’ to avoid train collisions
Rupees Required to Run Railway 2012
- 1112 crore to be spent on passenger amenities facilitations comprising local cuisines
- 6500 crore of World Bank fund for dedicated freight corridors
- 6,872 crore for new line schedule along 19,000 km of the busiest rail networks
- 14 lakh crore required in next 10 years for advancing
- Rs 2.5 lakh cr required to construct better infrastructure.
- 60,100 crore wanted to cover Yearly plan outlay for 2012-13
Time Taking for Railway Development in 2012
- 6 months to take to install hygiene vaccuum toilets in trains
- 14 hours to Travel between New Delhi-Kolkata
Distance Development in Railway Links 2012 2013
- 6500 km of tracks Electrification in 12th plan
- 3300 km of land already acquired
Other Railway Budget 2012-2013
- Exclusive housekeeping body to be formed for stations and trains.
- Rail Khel Ratna Award for outstanding Railways sportspersons
- Sale of train tickets through post offices
- Garib Raths will no more have friendly coaches
- waiting list passengers can avail optional train accommodation system on other trains.
- Rail link to connect Agartala with Akura in the country of Bangladesh
- Dedicated freight corridor from Ludhiana to Dankuni and Dadri to JN Port
- Advanced Signalling featurees to be introduced
- Elevated car train from Churchgate to virar through PPP route to be researched
- the aam aadmi Budget where the train fares hiked at 2p/km for 2nd Sleeper, 5p/km for Sleeper, 10p /km AC 2- & 3-tier, and 30p/km for AC 1st Class and thus for 1,500 km rail journey, one has to pay Rs 30, Rs 75, Rs 150, Rs 450 extra respectively.