2013 Indian Public Calendar Lists Festivals of India
Few popular religious festivals observed in each and every geographic position of India are the Hindu festivals like Holi, Diwali, & Dussehra, and the Islamic muslim festivals like Eid al-Fitr, Eid al-Adha, & Mawlid an-Nab.
The indian secular public days all over india are Republic Day, Independence Day, and the Gandhi Jayanti to pay tribute to freedom fighters every year is one of 2nd most populous country in the world.
- Tuesday, 1 January 2013 is the New Year’s Day 2013 which means the celebration of the first day of the first month of the year as per Gregorian Western calendar.
- Thursday, 24 January 2013 is the Milad-un-Nabi which is an Islamic festival to observed the Prophet Muhammad birthday.
- Saturday, 26 January 2013 is Indian Republic Day is nationwide celebration to recall the replacement of the Govt of India Act 1965 with the Constitution of India.
- Wednesday, 27 March 2013 is Holi being a Hindu festival observed by playing with colorful powder or water to friends and dear near one as a sign of love & affection.
- Friday, 29 March 2013 is the day of Good Friday for Christians a holiday celebrated exactly 3 days before the Easter Monday.
- Saturday, 20 April 2013 is Ram Navami is a birthday celebration to King Rama now a Hindu festival.
- Tuesday, 23 April 2013 is Mahavir Jayanti is the most significant religious festival in Jainism also called as the birth of Mahavira, the final Tirthankara.
- Saturday, 25 May 2013 is Buddha Purnima or Vesak Day to observe the birth, enlightenment, & demise of Lord Buddha.
- Thursday, 8 August 2013 is Idul Fitr or Eid al-Fitr is an Islamic festival for muslims to mark the end of Ramadan.
- Thursday, 15 August 2013 is Independence Day of India is denote the India’s freedom from British Raj rule.
- Monday, 9 September 2013 is the Lord Ganesh Chaturthi a Hindu tamil festival to celebrate the Lord Ganesh birthday.
- Wednesday, 2 October 2013 is the father of our nation birthday Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti
- Monday, 14 October 2013 is popular Dussehra again a Hindu festival to show sign of the victory of the forces of Good against Evil.
- Tuesday, 15 October 2013 is muslim’s day called Idul Juha / Bakrid / Eid al-Adha or the Feast of sacrifice in Islam.
- Sunday, 3 November 2013 is Deewali / Dipavali is a Hindu religion festival celebrated by firing the lights by candles or lamps.
- Thursday, 14 November 2013 is the Muharram / Day of Ashura recalled on the tenth day of Muharram month in Islamic calendar to remark the martyrdom of Husayn Ibn Ali.
- Sunday, 17 November 2013 is Guru Nanak Birthday
- Wednesday, 25 December 2013 is Christmas Day or simply the birthday of Jesus Christ.
- Thursday, 26 December 2013 is Boxing Day comes after christmas holiday