Strike on 20th and 21st February 2013 | Bharat Bandh Live News Updates
Strike on 20th and 21st February 2013 | Bharat Bandh Live News Updates:
In India nationwide Bharat Bandh had been announced which will be in effect on 2 days that is on 20th and 21st February 2013.
Being the 1st day of the strike in Bangalore city the strike effects more with Schools, Colleges Shut, BMTC and KSRTC buses are not activated and also Taxis, autorickshaws runs less in number.
In other places like Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi also the 2 days nationwide bharat bandh strike is in process.
Some of the Train Unions that is participating in the strike are Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS), All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC), All India United Trade Union Centre (AIUTUC), Centre of Indian Trade Unions (CITU), Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC) and many others.
The 11 trade unions members are participating in the 2 days nationwide bharat bandh strike in the demand of 10 issues to be processed.
10 Reasons For Trade Unions Strike:
- Minimum Wages Act to be amended ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules
- All should get assured Pension
- Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days
- Employment generation measures nned to be taken
- Price Rise controll measures to be taken
- No Contractorisation of work of permanent / perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the industry
- Remove all ceilings on payment and eligibility of Bonus, Provident Fund
- Stoppage of disinvestment in Central and State PSUs / Undertakings
- Strict enforcement of labour laws
- Universal social security cover for organized and unorganized workers